Welcome to The Community Guide! Let us know what you think of the website by completing this quick survey.
Community Preventive Services Task Force Meetings
The Community Preventive Services Task Force (CPSTF) — an independent, nonfederal panel of public health and prevention experts — meets three times per year, usually in Atlanta, Georgia. These two-day meetings of CPSTF members, Liaison organization representatives and Community Guide staff are open to the public. For information about CPSTF goals and activities, see their annual reports.
Purpose of Task Force Meetings
These are working meetings, each with a full agenda to accomplish the following, specific to systematic reviews currently in progress:
- Oversee Community Guide reviews
- Carefully consider review results and their implications for public health practice and policy
- Make recommendations for interventions shown to promote population health
- Identify areas within the reviewed topics that need more research
A draft agenda or topics list, subject to change without notice, will be posted prior to each meeting below:
- February 14–15
- June 13–14
- October 17–18
- February 13–14
- June 12–13
- October 16–17
- February 12–13
- June 10–11
- October 21–22
Who May Attend
- Task Force meeting general sessions are open to the public, as well as to Liaisons, other partners, and CDC staff.
- Task Force meetings are typically held in the Atlanta area.
- Task Force meetings may or may not be held on a CDC campus. If a meeting is held on a CDC campus, attendees must submit a security clearance form before coming on site. Please contact us for a security form no less than 3 weeks before the meeting; put "Security Request for Task Force Meeting" in your e-mail subject line.
- The meeting location is posted in two places on this website
- At the top of the agenda
- On the web page that lists meeting topics
If You Attend
- There is no fee for the meeting. Attendees are responsible for their own travel and meal expenses.
- When you arrive at the meeting, please check-in at the registration table for meeting materials and seating information.