Welcome to The Community Guide! Let us know what you think of the website by completing this quick survey.
New Community Guide Publications Feature Effectiveness and Economic Evidence from Health Equity Reviews
Three publications about interventions to promote health equity are now available from The Community Guide:
- Ramon I, Chattopadhyay SK, Barnett WS, Hahn RA, Community Preventive Services Task Force. Early childhood education to promote health equity: a Community Guide economic review [PDF - 156 kB]. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice 2018;24(1):e8-15.
- Peng Y, Finnie RKC, Hahn RA, Truman BI, Johnson RL, et al. Expanded in-school instructional time and the advancement of health equity: a Community Guide systematic review [PDF - 526 kB]. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice 2018;online.
- Finnie RKC, Peng Y, Hahn RA, Johnson RL, Fielding JE, et al. Examining the effectiveness of year-round school calendars on improving educational attainment outcomes within the context of advancement of health equity: a Community Guide systematic review [PDF - 214 kB]. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice 2018:1-5.
Summaries of the evidence and CPSTF findings are also available on our website:
- Health Equity: Center-Based Early Childhood Education (recommended – strong evidence)
- Health Equity: Expanded In-School Learning Time (insufficient evidence – more research needed)
- Health Equity: Year-Round Schooling (insufficient evidence - role of intersession programs is unclear)