Welcome to The Community Guide! Let us know what you think of the website by completing this quick survey.
Community Preventive Services Task Force Meeting: June 22-23, 2016
Task Force Meeting Topics
- Cancer prevention and control
- Cardiovascular disease prevention and control
- Diabetes prevention and control
- Increasing physical activity
- Obesity prevention and control
Note: Topics are subject to change
Meeting Agenda [PDF - 133 kB, 3 pages]
Who should attend?
General public, policymakers, public health professionals, health practitioners, program planners, and other decision makers in communities, including leaders at companies, schools, public health agencies, healthcare institutions, and health plans, at the local, state, and federal levels.
Send an email to CPSTF@cdc.gov to register for the June 2016 meeting. Please indicate if you will attend in person on the CDC campus or view the live video stream.
Register to Attend In Person or via Video Stream
In Person Attendance
This meeting is open to the public to attend in person and online. In person attendance is limited by space availability in the meeting rooms. All in-person meeting attendees must register to ensure the required security procedures are completed to gain access to the CDC's Global Communications Center. Individuals with disabilities who attend in person may request additional accommodations upon registration.
Live Video Stream
In addition to in-person participation, individuals may view presentations via live video stream on the Internet. Additional information will be sent to registrants requesting connectivity via the Internet in advance of the meeting. Participants can view the live stream during meeting presentations as indicated on the meeting agenda. The live video stream will be closed captioned for individuals with hearing impairments.
The link to view the live stream will be sent to registrants after RSVP email has been received. To attend via live stream, please send an email request to CPSTF@cdc.gov. The live stream is only viewable during scheduled times; please see meeting agenda.
Registration Deadline for In Person Attendance – CDC Campus, Atlanta
- U.S. citizens: June 13
- Non U.S. citizens: May 31
Registration Deadline for Live Video Stream: 5:00 p.m. ET, June 20
How To Register
When registering, please indicate if you will attend in person on the CDC campus or view the live video stream.
- By Email: Send an email to CPSTF@cdc.gov
- By Mail: The Community Guide Branch; Division of Public Health Information Dissemination; Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology and Laboratory Services; Office of Public Health Scientific Services; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MS-E-69, Atlanta, GA 30333
- By Phone: (404) 498-6778
Planning Your Visit to CDC
Failure to REGISTER by the dates identified could result in an inability to attend the Task Force meeting due to the strict security regulations on federal facilities.
On meeting days, all visitors must enter CDC's Roybal Campus through the entrance on Clifton Road.
- U.S. citizens will be asked to present government-issued photo identification (e.g., a valid federal identification badge, state driver's license, state non-driver's identification card, or passport).
- Non-U.S. citizens who have previously completed the required security paperwork will be asked to present a valid passport, visa, Permanent Resident Card, or other type of work authorization document upon arrival at the facility.
All persons entering the building must pass through a metal detector, and all items brought to CDC are subject to inspection.
Security will issue attendees a Visitor's ID badge at the entrance to Building 19 and escort them to the meeting room.
If you are driving, please allow additional time for parking. Visitor parking is available from the entrance on Clifton Road (security will direct to you the designated parking area). Your car may be searched.
Comments and Questions
Please send any comments and questions prior to the meeting or after the meeting to CPSTF@cdc.gov. Please allow 2-3 business days after the meeting for a response.