Welcome to The Community Guide! Let us know what you think of the website by completing this quick survey.
How to Navigate The Community Guide Site
There are a few ways to get the information you want.
- Search – use the search box at the top of any page to find anything on the site
- Results are presented under five different tabs: All, Systematic Reviews, Tools, In Action Stories, and Resources
- You can filter results by topic, audience, setting, CPSTF finding, or strategy
- Use standard search strategies to narrow your results (e.g., “breast cancer” or “car safety seat”)
- Topics – use the drop down menu from the top of any page to see content about that topic
- Customized Content on the Homepage – content will change regularly to reflect what’s new at The Community Guide as well as current trends. If you are logged in as a registered user, the homepage will display content based on your interests, preferences, and previously saved information
Learn About Systematic Reviews
Each CPSTF finding and systematic review has a summary page that includes the following information under four separate tabs:
- Snapshot – summaries of the CPSTF finding and intervention definition and links to the full CPSTF Finding and Rationale Statement as well as any available promotional materials
- What the Task Force Found – information about the review, effectiveness and economic evidence, evidence gaps, applicability, and study characteristics, and links to available publications
- Supporting Materials – evidence tables, lists of included studies, search strategies, and references
- Considerations for Implementation – information to consider when planning to implement this type of intervention
Create a User Profile
Why Become a Registered User?
When you register, you have the option to complete a user profile. This information is used to generate customized content. We’ll point out resources you might like and share what users with similar profiles are reading.
Registered users can also save search strategies and results and bookmark favorite pages. This makes it easier to track your work and share information with others.
There is no cost and your information will not be shared or used to send unsolicited email notices. All you need is a valid email address, display name, and password.
Do I Have to Register?
No. You are welcome to use the site without registering and you will have access to all the same information and resources.