COVID-19 is a rapidly evolving situation. When working in different community settings, follow CDC guidance to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus for the latest public health information.
Bruce Nedrow (Ned) Calonge, MD, MPH (Chair)
Joined the CPSTF: 2006
Appointed Chair: 2019
Ned Calonge, MD, MPH is the president and CEO of The Colorado Trust, a private grant-making foundation dedicated to advancing the health and well-being of the people of Colorado.
Outside of the Trust, Dr. Calonge is an associate professor of family medicine at the Colorado School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, and an associate professor of epidemiology at the Colorado School of Public Health.
Nationally, Dr. Calonge is chair of the CDC's Evaluating Genomic Applications for Practice and Prevention Workgroup, and the chair of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's Electronic Data Methods Forum Advisory Committee. He is a past member of the Secretary's Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns and Children in the Health Resources and Services Administration and the immediate past chair of the US Preventive Services Task Force.
Dr. Calonge received his BA in Chemistry from The Colorado College, his MD from the University of Colorado and his MPH from the University of Washington. He completed his family medicine residency at the Oregon Health Science University and his preventive medicine residency at the University of Washington. Prior to coming to The Trust, Dr. Calonge was the Chief Medical Officer of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. In 2011, Dr. Calonge was elected to the Institute of Medicine.
Service on International/National research, practice or policy boards or committees
- Immediate Chair, United States Preventive Services Task Force
- Member, the Institute of Medicine
- Chair, CDC's Evaluating Genomic Applications for Practice and Prevention Workgroup
- Chair, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's Electronic Data Methods Forum Advisory Committee
- Past member, HHS Secretary's Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns and Children
National research or practice awards
- Public Health Award, Academy of Family Physicians
- Robert Graham Physician Executive Award, Academy of Family Physicians